What Is Your Story?


We must constantly strive to broaden our perspectives.

This morning on my commute to the hospital, I listened to an Optimal Living Daily podcast on a blog post which really resonated with me: One Question You Should Ask Everyone You Meet.

It suggests refraining from asking people "what do you do?" but rather asking them "what is your story?" The podcast is under 10 minutes and I highly recommend you listen to it!

Later, I saw this photo pop up on my Instagram feed:


Hmm... law of attraction at work?

That was enough for me to open up my mind and begin to ask myself: what is my story? What do I do for the world?

Maybe your job has something to do with your role in the world, but it certainly does not completely define you.

So I borrowed this section from the blog post and asked my self:

What is your story?

  • Where were you born?
  • Where do you live now?
  • What makes you smile?
  • What is the most important life lesson you’ve learned so far?
  • What is your deepest fear?
  • What is your greatest dream for your life?
  • Who are you?
I was born in Europe and now I live in the United States.
What makes me smile is my parents, my writing, my books, and the intricate beauties of this world (sunsets, snow, rain, tea).
The most important lesson I've learned is you need very little to be happy and to always take things moment by moment. No need to stress when the moment you're stressing about doesn't even exist yet. Positivity is your greatest friend.
My deepest fear is living without ever having lived.
My greatest dream in life is to live creatively, discover the world, and deepen my spirituality.
I am a divine part of the universe becoming conscious of itself, a lover of this life, and a dreamer.

I'd love to hear from anyone who reads this post. Who are you? What is your story? What do you do for the world? 

The author of the post suggests we utilize these questions when meeting new people in order to normalize them. Let's move from asking "what do you do?" to "what is your story?" because the things we do don't always resonate with who we are. Sometimes, they're just a necessary part of life.

So, next time you meet someone new, ask them these questions. There are so many stories out there to learn. Why would you want to just settle with "Oh, I'm a nurse" or "I work for corporate America." Know a person for who they are, not for their means of earning a dollar.

Together, let's make our questions and answers more thoughtful. In turn, we will make our lives more abundant. 

Simply,
Raza

0 comments:

Post a Comment