2017 Vision Board



Montreal's botanical gardens
Why create a vision board? Do they actually work?

I love the way this Huffington Post article puts it,

"Creating a sacred space that displays what you want actually does bring it to life. What we focus on expands. When you create a vision board and place it in a space where you see it often, you essentially end up doing short visualization exercises throughout the day. 
Visualization is one of the most powerful mind exercises you can do."
-Elizabeth Rider
I'm keeping my vision board digital this year because it's easier for me that way. However, I have it readily accessible on my computer, my phone, and now my blog! I've never created a vision board before, but I have created lists in my journals of goals I wanted to accomplish during the year, and I'd constantly look back to remind and encourage myself. I'm excited to see how an actual vision board works as I'm certainly a visual person. For me, reflecting on what I value and what I hope to manifest this year is extremely worthwhile and necessary.
One thing, though: I believe that for a vision board to work, you must open your mind to it and to the possibility of it having an effect on your life. If you're still not convinced whether a vision board works or not, I urge you to try it. What do you have to lose? 

2017 Vision Board Explained (from top left):


  • Travel to at least 3 spots I've been meaning to visit this year (on my list: Lake Placid NY, Quebec City Canada, and Bosnia/Croatia; pictured is Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia).
  • Adopt greener habits (particularly consuming less plastic) & switch to natural skin/bath products.
  • Save more money than I spend. Goal is at least $2k. 
  • Continue journaling.
  • Yoga - incorporate it into my daily routine & master the handstand and crow poses.
  • Read 30 books (audiobooks count, too)
  • Emma Watson (style - elegance - education - class - poise). Enough said.
  • Write my book. AND submit a piece to university's literary magazine.
  • Keep blogging and make Implicit Simplicity a well-read blog.
  • Incorporate veggies and fruits in my daily diet.
  • Improve my sleep. No phone half an hour before bed. Learn to wake up with no alarm. Eight hours of sleep each night.
  • Continue listening to podcasts / audiobooks during daily commutes.
  • Continue daily walks between classes.
  • Experience LOVE and continue to connect to my spirituality, religion, and intentional living.
  • Build a high quality, minimalist closet (less clothing, more quality, more versatility).
  • Run my first 5k!
  • Learn about the stars / moon / sun / clouds.


  • Click here to see the website I used to create my vision board.


    Do you have a vision board you'd like to share?

    Simply,
    Raza




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment